New illinois Learning Standards
From the principal's desk:
The State of Illinois along with numerous other states in the union has adopted the The New Illinois Learning Standards. This initiative is designed to increase the rigor in classroom instruction and assessment to better prepare our students for college and careers.
At Cuba Elementary we have made numerous adjustments to our curriculum in order to help prepare our students for future demands being placed upon them. As a faculty we understand this is a major change and a challenge for many of our students and families. We will be providing opportunities for families to learn more about our curriculum and continue to provide information on the New Illinois Learning Standards and assessments.
Curriculum & New Illinois Learning Standards Weblinks
- A Parent's Guide to the New Illinois Standards
- Parents' Guide to Student Success by Grade level (K-12, Color & BW, English & Spanish)
- Learn about the Partnership for the Assessment of Readiness for College & Careers (PARCC)
- A message about curriculum rigor
- Illinois State Board of Education's New Illinois Learning Standards Resources
- For Math:
Online Practice Tests
The New Illinois Learning Standards have a similarly-structured counterpart, Smarter Balanced. Smarter Balanced has come out with online practice tests for students, which can benefit our students as well. To sample a test or have your student do so, click the button to the left, or click here. Sign in as a guest (guest credentials will already be filled into the login screen), and then select your grade on the next screen and begin.