All seniors at Cuba High School must do a community service project as a graduation requirement. The following information outlines some basic rules all seniors must follow for this project:
- Each senior must have a mentor (can not be a relative or an employee of Cuba schools) to verify work.
- Project work can not begin before January 1.
- Simply volunteering for an organization = 30 hours of work. Developing a physical project (i.e. building something to donate, organizing an event, etc.) = 15 hours of work
- If a senior plans on fundraising, a member of the organization must be present to handle the money raised.
- The project does not have to cost anything.
- Seniors who have not taken Composition for college credit must write an 8-10 page research paper that is somehow connected to their projects. This is done 1st semester.
- Any project that does not have a community service portion will receive no higher than a B- for a final grade.
- All seniors must present their projects before a panel of judges consisting of a teacher and community members.
For details, see Mrs. Postin's page.
For questions, contact Mrs. Postin, Mrs. DeCounter, Mrs. Rogers, or Mrs. Fitch.